Friday, February 19, 2010

Nice advice from farra here. I copy paste her conclusion (which I agree 100%, I also highlight stuff in green on which I really really agree):

Persevere


Breastfeeding isn't as easy as it may seem. Every problem must have its causing roots. Only the mother (with help if needed and seriously seeked) can identify the problem and its source, and then try to correct the problem by ANY means possible to her.

Knowledge and support is power. I did not come this far on my own. I seeked information from various useful sites. I joined breastfeeding mother support forum to learn from other breastfeeding mothers. I befriend breastfeeding mothers and even lactation counsellors. These have helped me a LOT during my breastfeeding journey.

What I have learned from my experience and many other breastfeeding mothers is that perseverence and faith and a lot of prayers can help get you there. And seek for help when you need it, seek help from professionals, and do the follow up with them constantly. The Internet is a vast source of information, Google them up.

I truly believe that a baby should never be blamed for whatever problems that may arise during one's breastfeeding journey. Each baby is an individual and has his/her own preference, just like us adults. If we are learning, so are babies. As we learn to breastfeed, let our babies learn to latch. Have patience.

With God's willing, only the mother has all the power within her, to decide what is best for her baby. If she gives up without trying hard enough, then she has given up for her baby. If one doesn't try hard enough, one will never know if she will ever succeed.

Persevere and have faith.

No comments: